Morzine Ski Chalets (MSC) Privacy Policies
1. MSC CONTACT DETAILS
- By contacting our Director at: email@example.com
2. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
- We collect your personal information when you make a holiday enquiry or booking with us.
- We collect information:
- when you create a holiday enquiry through our website
- when you confirm a holiday booking with MSC
- when you make a payment for your booking with MSC
- when you contact us directly via email, phone, social media platforms, message or via our chat function
3. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU
- As part of our commitment to the privacy of our customers and visitors to our Site more generally, we want to be clear about the sorts of information we will collect from you.
- When you make an enquiry or a booking through the Site, you are asked to provide information about yourself including your name, contact details, home address, holiday details and payment information such as credit or debit card information.
- We also collect information you may provide us with, such as; requests or feedback, via e-mail, letter or chat function.
- We also collect information about your use of our external partners services for example, ski hire, lift pass bookings, ski school bookings and transfer requirements.
4. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We will only process the data we collect about you if there is a reason for doing so, and if that reason is permitted under data protection law. We will have a lawful basis for processing your information: if we need to process your information in order to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract; we have your consent; we have a justifiable reason for processing your data; or we are under a legal obligation to do so.
- Where we need to in order to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract, we use your information:
- to enable us to provide you with access to the relevant parts of the Site ie. An online bookings form;
- to supply the information and services, you have requested;
- to enable us to collect payment from you; and
- to contact you were necessary concerning our product and services, such as arrival details.
- We also process your data where we have a justifiable reason for doing so- for example personalisation of our service, including processing data to make it easier and faster for you to re book with us. We have listed these reasons below:
- to improve the effectiveness and quality of service that our customers can expect from us in the future;
- to enable our team to help you with any enquiries or complaints in the most efficient way possible;
- to contact you for your views and feedback on our service and to request details to return security deposits;
- if you submit comments and feedback regarding our product and service, we may use such comments and feedback on the Site and in any marketing or advertising materials. We will only identify you for this purpose by your first name and the city in which you live.
- Where we are under a legal obligation to do so we may use your information to:
- create a record of your booking(s);
- comply with any legal obligation or regulatory requirement to which we are subject.
7. DIRECT MARKETING
- Where you have given your consent or where we have a justifiable reason for doing so (and are permitted to do so by law) we will use your information to let you know about our other products and services that may be of interest to you and we will contact you to do so by email via Mailchimp. The option to 'unsubscribe' is available on all our emails and data will then be removed securely.
8. RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We will not retain your information for any longer than we think is necessary.
- Information that we collect will be retained for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes outlined in the 'Use of my information' section above, in line with our legitimate interest or for a period specifically required by applicable regulations or laws, such as retaining the information for regulatory reporting purposes.
- When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
- our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved;
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
- Otherwise, we securely erase your information where we no longer require your information for the purposes collected.
10. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- The information we collect about you will be transferred to and stored on our servers located within the EU. We are very careful and transparent about who else your information is shared with.
- Sharing your information with third parties
We share your information with third party service providers. The types of third party service providers whom we share your information with includes:
Payment provider, Worldpay (including our online payment providers and fraud detection providers): for the purposes of providing services to us, for example when they process information such as credit card payments for us, provide support services to you or carry out fraud checks for us;
- External Partners: when requested by yourself we will supply you contact details to companies such as ski hire companies and ski schools;
- Marketing and advertising partners: so that you receive relevant information on our product, special offers, we will send you a monthly ezine, email marketing using Mailchimp.
- If our business enters into a joint venture with, purchases or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed or transferred to the target company, our new business partners or owners or their advisors.
- We may also share your information:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation or regulatory requirement. This includes exchanging information with other companies and other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention;
- We adopt policies to ensure the personal information we hold about you is suitably protected.
- We take steps to protect your information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
- Where you have chosen a password that allows you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
12. YOUR RIGHTS
- Under data protection law, you may have a number of rights concerning the data we hold about you. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Director using the contact details set out above. For additional information on your rights please contact your data protection authority and see below.
- The right to be informed. You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we're providing you with the information in this policy.
- The right of access. You have the right to obtain access to your information (if we're processing it). This will enable you, for example, to check that we're using your information in accordance with data protection law. If you wish to access the information we hold about you in this way, please get in touch (see Contact Details).
- The right to rectification. You are entitled to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can request that we rectify any errors in information that we hold by contacting us (see Contact Details).
- The right to erasure. This is also known as 'the right to be forgotten' and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of certain of the information that we hold about you by contacting us (see Contact Details).
- The right to restrict processing. You have rights to 'block' or 'suppress' further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but will not use it further.
- The right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your information with the national data protection authority.
- The right to withdraw consent. If you have given your consent to anything we do with your information (i.e. we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information), you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us (see Contact Details). Withdrawing consent will not however make unlawful our use of your information while consent had been apparent.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing and profiling. You can object by changing your marketing preferences, 'unsubscribing'